The Alberta Hereford Association was registered as a society on June 11, 1971.
The twelve cattlemen who came together to achieve this purpose were:
Dwaine Jones, Balzac
Ronald Hanson, Airdrie
Murray Stauffer, Eckville
Carl W. Schielke, Carstairs
Frank J. Adby, Edmonton
Ray Powlesland, Del Bonita
Louis Latimer, Olds
George Edgar, Innisfail
Walter Blume, Castor
Douglas M. Fraser, Hussar
Robert Sturgeon, Grimshaw
Oscar Peterson, Marwayne
To promote, encourage and assist in the rearing, raising, breeding, improvement or development of Hereford cattle in Albera.
The Board consists of twelve Directors. Six directors were chosen from each of the six area Hereford clubs and six were directors-at-large. The six area clubs included Central (1948), East Central (1956), Northern (1951), Peace River (1953), Calgary and District (1952) and Southern (1951).
ALBERTA JUNIOR HEREFORD PROGRAM:
The AHA Board of Directors granted authority for the establishment of an Alberta Junior Hereford Association in 1971. The AJHA is governed by its own Constitution but is responsible to the AHA. The purpose of the Junior Club is to stimulate and develop interest among our Junior Hereford breeders and assist the AHA in carrying out its objectives.
To increase Hereford awareness and create a positive attitude toward Hereford cattle.